This is a leadership position.
– Lives and exemplifies the Five Principles of Mars within self and team.
– Partners with Medical Officer to create and maintain a high performance, Clinician-driven culture within the hospital.
– Ensure the hospital’s commitment to remarkable patient care and outstanding client service.
– Is present and accessible WITHIN the hospital(s) to ensure awareness of hospital climate.
– Consistently assess the engagement level of associates; takes a proactive approach to influence and drive a positive hospital climate. Accountable for associate engagement and retention.
– Addresses and drives timely resolution of concerns. Communicates with hospital administration, technician, and client services teams regarding status of resolutions.
- People & Organization:
– Partners with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview and hire new associates including Medical staff.
– Partners with Learning & Training to ensure associates have role-appropriate training completed.
– Ensures work schedules for all hospital associates are established and in alignment with operating plans.
– Manages daily flows and delegation of hospital administration tasks.
– Maintains confidentiality of associate records.
– Managing Hospital internal communication with associates and external communication with BRM and communication officer.
– Managing Front Office with Officer and Client Services team.
– Personally, addresses escalated client inquiries & complaints if needed.
– Managing Hospital operations with Head nurse and Operations Manager.
– Ensuring a positive work environment in which the practice achieves its goals through cooperation between Vets/Specialists and Hospital/Nurse team.
- Financial Management:
– Working with supervisors to prepare financial statements and budgets, monitoring key performance indicators, and setting fees.
– Doctor in Veterinary Medicine is preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
– 4+ years of experience in a veterinary hospital administration role with a minimum of 2 years involving the supervision of others.
– Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office required
– Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated capability to organize work efficiently, set priorities and establish plans or timetables for achieving goals.
– Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader capable of influencing and motivating others to success toward a common goal.
– Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Approachability– Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Motivating Others– Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each persons hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Self Development– Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Hiring and Staffing– Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures. Monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.