VES Hospital now offers a 12 months rotating internship program. Rotating internships are designed for highly motivated veterinary professionals who wish to develop their skills, experience and knowledge by working under supervision in a multi-disciplinary referral hospital. Interns rotate through all clinical services in the hospital.
The intern will experience a diverse caseload and have both direct and indirect case management, with opportunities for primary, emergency, critical care, referral medicine, and surgical cases, including diagnostic work ups and treatments. The emphasis is on training by doing, with ample opportunity to consult with senior staff. The intern will rotate on 4 or 5 weekly blocks through each department. As experience is gained, the intern will take on a greater level of responsibility.
This is a full-time, fixed-term (12 month) position.
Potential candidates should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are considering applying for an internship, you may wish to visit the hospital first.
Interviews typically last 20-30 minutes and are designed to test the applicant’s understanding of the role and their motivation for applying.
- Possess a degree in Veterinary Science or equivalent, registrable in Singapore. Veterinary degrees from veterinary schools fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) or the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Positive attitude at all times
- Desire to take part in advancing veterinary science
- Ability to work with a range of people including veterinary students, senior clinicians and nursing and support staff
Interns are required to participate in out of hours duties (including working nights) as part of their training. The frequency of duty varies with operational need, but candidates should be prepared to be on duty with a frequency of 2 to 4 nights per month.